founder and teacher
In 2008, Martina
- gained her CELTA qualification in 2008 from Oxford College, found her passion and began teaching
- began teaching business English for large corporations, including Nestlé and Deutsche Leasing
- started working as a lecturer at both the Johann Goethe University and University of Applied Sciences, both based in the Frankfurt area.
- she assisted in planning and implementing a bilingual German-English language and art programme for children starting in year one of Marxheimer Schule, a German primary school. The programme was recognised by the German School Council and Ministry of Education as a viable asset to the school. Martina continued to teach and develop the programme until 2014.
- she spent a year teaching English as a second language to German children ages 3 to 10 and English reading comprehension and writing skills to English native speakers ages 3 to 12 for alphabet eV, a German charity-based organisation.
Continuing projects include
- consulting with schools and parents on healthy eating choices for children and families
- tutoring high school students and successfully helping all her students improve their English grades.
- Martina has gained extensive business knowledge from working in different parts of the world, ranging from a Production Assistant at a recording studio in London, an Assistant Investment Consultant for an estate management firm in New York to Human Resources Manager for a large engineering corporation in Frankfurt.
In addition to her CELTA qualification, Martina holds a bachelor’s degree in Nutritional Sciences and a master’s degree in Human Resources Management.
Martina is a native English speaker and was born in London, England. She speaks fluent German and Italian and conversational French. She has two children, a dog and a cat. Her hobbies include reading, listening to music, going for long walks and cycling.
Our native speaker teachers use a cross-curricular approach to learning. Grammar, spelling, phonics and vocabulary development play an important role in classroom work, which aids communication.
Children in Foundation courses are introduced to a wide range of topics while the Literacy courses focus on science, history and the humanities. Adult courses focus on communication skills.
We also provide homework tutoring throughout the school year. Please contact us regarding the subjects we can assist you/your child with.